Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thoughts From My Cousin's Wedding



I was in Chicago over Memorial Day for my cousin Kate's wedding. It was a wonderful weekend, I got to see a lot of family and spend time in my favorite American city. Here is a smattering of thoughts from the weekend.

-Chicago has gorgeous weather all the way through the end of May, except when it dumps rain. Which happens every day.

-There is nothing more frustrating than staying up until 130AM watching the Cubs blow a 3 run lead in Los Angeles, after acquiring that lead in the 7th inning.

-There is nothing more frustrating than the Cubs losing the 3rd game of the series by walking the bases loaded, then hitting Juan Pierre, thus bringing in the game winning run.

-There is nothing more frustrating than the Chicago Cubs

-My family is wonderful, and I love spending time with them. Ok, some of them.

-My father does the best 'Dad At The Bar Mitzvah' dance. The contest is over.

-I actually heard the words, 'poop in the refrigerator', in that order, during the best man speech while 400 people were eating the main course.

-It is possible to eat too much 4 days in a row.

-Sometimes touristy things are a lot of fun, like the Chicago Architectural Boat Tour through the Chicago River. Highly recommended.

-It is an odd feeling to know for a fact that you have now been to the nicest wedding you will ever attend.

-Despite the beautiful newlywed couple, relatives seeing each other for the first time in months, and any number of small talk topics, nothing was more discussed than the S&M convention taking place in Chicago.

-It is possible to have a classy wedding and still serve macaroni and cheese.

-I am thrilled to now be back in New York City for more than 2 weeks after nearly a month of travelling (famous last words).


Hella is almost done, and I might be starting in on some milk money work for the summer. You will now be updated weekly on the minutia in my life.

2 comments:

JErich-Oh's said...

WOOO! MINUTIA!!!

Unknown said...

'dad at the bar mitzvah dance' was all me. I should get the rights to that.