Friday, June 1, 2007

Potentially Dangerous


Some of you are lucky enough to have attended a !!! concert with me. If you have, then you know that they are the only band in the world who manages to drag me out on the dance floor without the aid of alcohol. Not only do they get me to dance, but they get me to dance like a maniac. When presented with the music of !!! (live or recorded) my dance skills are undeniable. They make Carlton look like Michael Jackson, Christopher Walken like Stephen Hawking, Grandmaster Flash like Pimpbot 5000. Keep this in mind as I go on to explain my last few days.

It started with a typical pickup day at work. I actually got off work early, picked up a van which I would drive the next morning, and parked it in Greenpoint near the venue (conveniently located literally around the corner from Lauren's apt). After a shower (completely in vein) at home, I went back up to Greenpoint and attended the show. I did all of this, knowing full well that I had to be AT work at 4:30AM. Yes, AT work, which meant that I had to be up at 3:30 at the latest.

Of course the show was legendary. !!! tore down the former Polish nightclub Studio B and ripped the final show of their tour. The show ended at around 12:45, and I went quickly back to Lauren's place, took another shower (3rd of the day) and was in bed and asleep by 1:30, leaving me 3 hours to sleep. Which I did, before getting dressed, in a van and driving with 15 other people an hour in a half into New Jersey. The day was relatively short and I was able to get home pretty early. Which was a good thing considering I had to be AT work at....2:30AM the next night/day.

So here I sit, having worked a full 10 hour day by 11:00AM and my sleep deprivation and severe exhaustion was all capped off by a thrilling show by Sacramento's finest.

I also heard I missed a spectacular showing by King James in Detroit last night. Too bad I missed the only good game of the playoffs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boooo King James! RIP pistons:( Untill next year, that is.