Thursday, January 17, 2008

Acceptance

I write a lot of treatments for music videos, and at this point in my budding career, most of them are rejected. On the occasion that my idea does get rejected, my first thought it always to wonder what the winning idea is. Luckily for me, I usually get to find out. Such is the case with the newly released video for Brooklyn band Les Savy Fav. I love their album and wrote them an unsolicited treatment for the song 'What Would Wolves Do?', my favorite from their new album. I had a few interactions with them, and they were very nice and very responsive and they really liked the idea, however it turned out they already had an animator who was deep into working on a video.

I have had this happen more times than not, and unfortunately, more times than not the video turns out lame. While I feel that my concept fits the song a little better, this video is certainly very enjoyable. Plus I was not that broken up, as I am sure I'll get to use the treatment at some point anyway. Enjoy.

No comments: