Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Practice? Not a game, not a game...practice!




I know, I know. This is not a sports blog. Really, it isn't, but I cannot ignore my (sometimes...ok frequent) obession with the sports teams I follow. As reported here first, I attended the wonderful University of Colorado at Boulder (in Boulder). We used to have a scummy coach who liked strippers, but now we have a serious (potentially Mormon) coach who likes practice. And maybe losing games, if you look at last season. In any event I like Dan Hawkins. He seems like a smart guy. He has a pretty serious track record as well. If you look at his old job, the guys he recruited just had an undefeated season. I guarantee you they didn't get that way by skipping out on practice, which brings us to this rather inspiring clip brought to my attention courtesy of the fine folks at Deadspin. Just listen and know that this guy is coaching my team next year. Mack Brown, that pigfucker Bill Callahan, and whatever high school PE teacher is running the Baylor program better watch out. Our guys get an extra week of practice. Fight on...

The Hawk Loves Practice

No comments: