Monday, February 12, 2007

Weekend in LA-Stop stalking me, Shawn Levy!!



As Rosenblog readers know, I saw Shawn Levy at breakfast on Friday morning before my pitch meeting. I was eating with Brian in Santa Monica, and Levy walked into the restaurant to meet with Seth Rogan.



You may remember Shawn Levy as director of 'Just Married', 'Cheaper By the Dozen (1 and 2)', 'The Pink Panther', and 'Night at the Museum'. Oh, you didn't see these movies? Guess what? He's a millionaire anyway. How you like them apples?

So anyway, I went to see the play 'Wicked' last night in Hollywood. It was good, I was surprised how much I liked it. Id had singing, dancing, and the little mute kid from Malcolm in the Middle. I get up to go to the bathroom at intermission and who almost knocks me over? Mr. Shawn Levy himself. Now some would say, 'Hey Aaron, you're in Los Angeles, there are celebrities everywhere. They are dropping dead on the sidewalk. Maybe, but in almost 2 years of living in LA, I think I can count on one hand the amount of celebrities I came into contact with. Now you're telling me that in less than 3 days I saw the same bigtime studio director twice?! Clearly he heard I was coming to town, and wanted to glean whatever independent spirit he can to fill the black hole in his chest that once housed his heart, but now houses monetary bills. Sorry, Shawn, you lost all hope when you voluntarily made a movie starring Ashton Kutcher AND Britney Murphy.

I also saw the German film, The Lives of Others. It was great, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Unless, of course, you can't read, because it has subtitles.

1 comment:

JErich-Oh's said...

Dude, that is just like when I flew down to Florida to visit my parents, and who should be on my jetblue flight, but Ben himself, Fisher Stevens. Of course I approached him and told him I loved his work (not many people realize how much "Short Circuit 2" and "Hackers" have influenced my life). And he drove off with someone I can only assume to be his father (what is it with jews and parents in florida). THinking nothing of it, I "enjoy" my visit to my parents, eventually go home, and on my first day back to work, who should I pass on Central Park South on my way to work? Why Fisher Stevens. I think he recognised me as "that crazy stalker fan from the Jetblue flight" because he took one look at me and then ran out into the street infront of a taxi cab. Nobody in hollywood, or the rest of the world, seemed to notice.